A delicious and creamy lemon flavored cream. Lemon Curd is thick and soft and has a wonderful tart, yet sweet citrus flavor. It makes a wonderful filling for tarts, pies, and cakes.
This is the perfect lemon flavored dessert, but
is it lemon pudding? or like lemon pudding? or the ‘new’ version of lemon pudding?
I don’t know how long it’s been around, but I just recently heard of it. So I compared recipes and the difference between lemon pudding and lemon curd is about 2 1/2 cups of milk.
Lemon Curd is more like a custard for tarts and fillings. Lemon pudding is, well……pudding
Lemon Curd is tangy, tart, and has a sweet citrus flavor.
So, if you want to make lemon tarts or pies, Lemon Curd will be perfect.
- ½ Cups sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1½ Cups water
- 6 Egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 6 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix in saucepan ½ cup sugar and cornstarch, add water. Whisk egg yolks and add to water. Whisk until there are no lumps.
- Heat to boil stirring constantly until it begins to thicken. Cook one more minute then remove from heat.
- Refrigerate uncovered 20 minutes, stirring once. Let set out until reaches room temp.