Fall Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Pancakes
These Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Pancakes are the perfect way to bring in the Fall season. They are filled with pumpkin pie filling and all the spices.
As they say here in Texas….it’s Fall ya’ll! I’m starting the new season with delicious Fall food, and starting my morning with delicious Fall baking. These pancakes filled with pumpkin pie filling will get anyone out of bed on a cold morning.
I used pumpkin pie filling not pure pumpkin, which means they already have all the great pumpkin seasoning. So no need to add spices, unless you just want to.
For the liquid you can use buttermilk, sweet vanilla almond milk, plain milk, or water. I like recipes with options!
I used Aunt Jemima’s boxed pancake mix because I think it taste even better than homemade pancakes. I just doctor it up and always get the best tasting pancakes. Everyone in the house agrees!
Shhhhhh……..let everyone think they are homemade!
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima just add water pancake mix. (you will replace the water with the following ingredients)
- ½ cup pumpkin pie filling (with all the spices)
- ½ - 1 cup sweet vanilla almond milk, buttermilk, or milk. Depending on how thick you want your pancakes will determine how much milk you add. For thicker pancakes add ½ cup, for thinner pancakes add ¾ cup to 1 cup.
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat skillet on medium heat. Add melted butter to skillet.
- In a large bowl combine pancake mix, milk, pumpkin and chocolate chips. Stir well.
- Scoop out desired amount onto skillet, turn when golden brown.
- Makes 4 thick pancakes.